Taking stock -and considering all the interesting suggestions from the comments on my last post. Yesterday I started with this: suns facing out not in, rejigged bird columns.
I have noticed that sometimes I hold onto bits and pieces from my original starting point too long: in this case there was no reason why the birds now in the middle had to stay on the left; it was just that I had got mentally stuck with that position. I usually catch/question myself on this sort of thing sooner or later, but if someone out there gives me the prompt, so much the better (thanks, Monica!)
But things didn't stay like this - the birds started moving and this piece (bottom right above) grew...
and found a new home.
This is where I ended up.
Lots of this is not yet sewn together (the horizontal yellow strips are waiting to have words printed on them - thanks, Ann!) But that was more a question of time running out than anything else.
I know that most people who visit my site will be checking out Ann's as well, but if you haven't done so already, do go and have a look at today's post (link just below), launching the first AHIQ challenge.