Back to my machine today, and I started off trying to be disciplined and making more 9 patches, laying them out on the floor as I went. Then I got twitchy and made another circle...
and then I cracked and sewed a whole second set together.
I have two observations about this: first off, the strips I am adding to make things fit sometimes make everything look quite different by the time the 9x9 blocks are done. Secondly, this bigger block is quite a bit smaller than the first one. I thought about adding extra bits now to bring it up to a comparable size but have decided to wait. I think this will leave me with more options. Right now I'm not at all whether these will even be adjacent to each other by the time I'm done, so I like that room for manoeuvre.
On another subject entirely, if you haven't checked out the bloggers who linked up with this month's AHIQ on Tuesday, do have a look at the post below and follow some of the links - there are some really interesting posts and some pretty cool quilts too.
I'll be linking up today with Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.