Having focused on little bits yesterday, I'll just share the bigger picture today. This is where I have got to (yesterdays bits are not yet sewn together).
In trying to get enough floor space to take a photo without gratuitous shots of kitchen detritus I laid this out so that from my usual standpoint it was actually vertical (and then crouched on the table to get the shot above). Vertically it looks like this:
It's not the first time I've got this far in a quilt, looked at it from a different angle and decided maybe the top isn't where I have thinking it was. In this case I suspect that its current proportions are influencing me: I prefer a long, thin rectangle to a short wide one. It could go either way, I think.
What is really clear from both these shots is that while it is wide (or tall) enough - about 80" right now, it is nowhere near tall (or wide) enough, so I'll have to think about what I do with that once I've finished the current top row.
And now, if that hasn't fried your brains, it's your turn to share.