I have carried on today ekeing out the fabric I have, but also had a dig around in my boxes and found these:
I'm not entirely sure about either of these whites, especially the one on the left which in real life is slightly yellow-y and may go back in the box, but the blue I think is just fine. I've used a tiny bit in the picture below and like it well enough, so I just need to use enough more for it to look like I meant it to be there all along.
As you can see I've also had a go at putting some bits together. More than usual what I do seems to be depending on making the most of my scraps, so the squares are square simply because it seems a waste to cut them into anything smaller. I am sorting into bits for squares and rectangles, bits for triangles and little strips that can make their way into crosses. Where I've been cutting curves I've ended up with lots of bits on the bias but luckily many are biggish and will let me squeeze out a triangle or two.
It's all good clean fun anyway.
An aside: can you spot the block I had to wash vigorously. I have ironed, honest I have, and more than once!
Linking up with Lorna today for Let's Bee Social.