Having spent most of yesterday arguing with a hot, lethargic cat who wanted nothing more than to rest in the middle of the table, on top of my sewing, or on the floor, on top of the quilt, I gave up. Today I packed up and went somewhere cat-free.
I started the morning looking at this:
I could have just sewed this to yesterday's chunk and called it quits, but I had a notion that I wanted to do just a wee bit more. I wanted to add to sandy band at the bottom of row 2, as it was very narrow in places and I reckoned that by the time I lost the seam allowance it would virtually disappear.
Next I wanted to add to the bottom too. This all went very smoothly, except it is now so long I can't lift the washing line high enough to get the bottom off the ground! This is the best shot I can get of it:
And this, for now at least, is the best shot I can get of the whole thing: it has turned out to be blooming big!
I've had a great time putting this together, for all sorts of reasons, so thanks go out to Julie for writing the book and sparking the whole thing off. Just in case you've somehow missed it, here's the link to her book's blog and if f you haven't tried free piecing, I would thoroughly recommend it - the possibilities are endless.
Since I don't often have the opportunity I'm linking up with Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and TGIFF at A Quarter Inch from the Edge as well as NinaMarie.