I started today with 6 lighthouses and, I thought, a pretty clear idea of what I wanted to do next.
I had pieced some log cabin-y bits around a few of my printed names, keeping an eye on what was on either side of them (sort of nearly matching, if you see what I mean). So far so good.
But then I filled in the gaps and suddenly I hated it. (And I would happily show you this, but wasn't working at home and forgot my camera today: if I get time I'll download the snaps from my phone and add them later).
It looked heavy and clumsy and not at all right. In fact I preferred the photos with lots of floor space. So I have had a go at improving things. I added in some little bits of the sandy gold that I used in the windows and instead of matching round the edges, just moved things about until it felt better. This is where I am now.
This is better, but I'm still not sure so I'm going to ponder before I do any more.