Getting started on the walls project. I rummaged around in the garage (which is where I keep my boxes of fabric) and came up with two sets of colours. I think I had in my head something quite literal, so was looking for greys, browns, that sort of thing.
After a few days of looking and thinking I came to the conclusion that neither of these was quite right. I didn't mind either, but equally didn't feel that excited by them. So I've had another go, keeping quite a few of these but broadening it out a bit.
As you can see I've pulled some prints this time, and quite a few murky yellows/yellowy-greens. I'm feeling much more interested in this selection, so will set off and see where I get to. I guess some of these may not make it into the quilt and other fabrics may turn up that aren't here, but it's a fair jumping off point.
As a side note, I've noticed that I'm much happier once I throw some prints into the mix. I like the idea of a quilt made just with solids, but haven't yet looked a a grouping of solid fabrics and not wanted to shove some pattern in there.