Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Built me a wall

It seems like I've  been working hard for a while now without much to show for it, but this week it's all coming good.  Today I have reached a stopping point with Build Me a Wall, which will now go into the queue for quilting.

In the end I extended my lines of holes into the borders, but only in three places.  I tried this out before I did any cutting: the sun has messed up the colours here but I think you can see one square on the right and two on the left.


Here's a picture with the holes cut and the backing fabric in.


It's a little bit crease-y at the moment, but I know that there are places where my basting stitches have pulled a bit tight and caused this.  Before it is quilted, at some point when I want something mindless to do, I will come back and stitch the holes and the orange backs properly into place.  But for now, this one is done.


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting it finished! I think it looks nicely balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I really enjoy getting to see you walk through the process and the end result is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how boldly you go forward Kaja and it is a joy to watch your process! This is another great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great! I'm really glad you extended the holes to the borders. It adds so much. Once again, it's been a treat to follow your thinking as you have created a unique quilt. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, love this! It will be fun to see how you decide to quilt this one. :D

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment away! I read everything and welcome all feedback. I seem to be getting a lot of comments from no-reply bloggers at the moment - if you don't get a response, that will be why.