I think the bit-making phase of this quilt is going to be a long one; that's what I get for deciding little triangles were the way to go instead of enormous strip sets.
But progress is being made. I have now made three of the big blocks
and the fourth is underway. Each one is different. The individual quarter blocks are not measured so vary in size. When I come to sew four together this dictates what happens. If the two quarters match, I sew them together without tweaking; if they don't then I add a strip, or some triangles. Then I look at the next two. I like the variations.
Right now my floor looks like this.
I should note that I am not making assumptions about layout yet, but this arrangement is the easiest way to fit everything into a photo without taking in swathes of mess around the edges. I am pretty sure that the centre piece in the picture about will be in the centre of the quilt, but beyond that it's all still up for grabs.
Now there is a pile of little triangle-y bits waiting for me, so back to work.