Finished the sashing...
and added a border.
I know this looks slightly heavy but I'm sticking with it because a) it will be thinner by the time I'm done and b) I'm thinking I'll use this fabric again to do another round.
What I wanted to do next was some version of this:
But...nothing I've tried looks right between those squares. I've tried squares of the fabrics I used for sashing, I've tried a couple of random prints, but nothing looks as good as the floor. Funny, I'm sure I've said that before. Next step, I guess, is to go and have a rummage in my boxes again; maybe I've got some scraps of solids that would be big enough. I'm trying to crack on now before things close down for Christmas so fingers crossed I can come up with something that works.
Linking up again: