So here's a quilt that I've been making but not blogging, apart from a couple of peeps at the quilting. It was a present for a friend, who really wanted something scrappy and loved the version of this that I have on the spare bed.
I can't remember where I first saw one of these, but I think it might have been quiltdivajulie's Dumpster Diving. (Update: Julie reminds me that her quilt was 'part of the "lego" craze started by Tonya Ricucci (author of Word Play Quilts and former blogger at Lazy Gal Quilts'.)
This one is 70" square. Strips were mostly cut 1.5" but sometimes I left them at 2" rather than waste fabric. All scrap, including the binding.
It was pieced around other projects: I tried hard to be organised and used it as a leaders and enders project, which I've never done before. As long as I remembered I was doing it, I found it quite an efficient way to keep these blocks ticking over.
I started quilting it at the end of July, finished it on 14th October, handed it over on 26th.
Finally, a reminder that it's not too late to link up any improv/modern utility quilting you've been doing with AHIQ, here or on Ann's blog.