Then worse: the white fabrics were stained and I couldn't shift the yellow-y marks. There was nothing for it, so I have had to take three blocks to pieces and replace the ruined fabric. Two hours later and I am back where I started. All I can say is thank goodness it's warm and everything dried quickly.
As I got on with my 8th block I realised that I now have an extra problem, which is that I have used precious fabric on those replacement bits. I will be cutting it fine anyway, I think, so this is a bit of a worry. Ho hum. I shall press on and see what happens.
Here are the 8 completed blocks with diagonals, plus the extra one. I want a few more curves if I can eke them out, and then will have to be inventive with the scraps.
I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday today.