Knowing that my machine would be packed away over the Easter weekend I had prepared lots of circles for basting and applique, in the hope that I might end up with enough to finish this top off. And I seem to have done the trick. In fact I have a few still waiting to be done that will be surplus, though I'm thinking I'll do them anyway, just to give myself a bit of wiggle room when I'm laying things out.
Of course when I come to start work again I can't remember exactly where everything was before I packed it away so I spent half the morning moving circles about trying to decide what I liked. And yes, I had taken a photo, but when push comes to shove I often can't be doing with trying to recreate in that way, preferring just to do the job twice.
Anyway, I got quite a lot done: another big chunk pieced, a couple of smaller bits and I have a good sense of what I need to do to finish this. While I worked the sun came out and was streaming onto the floor - hence the slightly dodgy photo, but on balance I'll take the trade off. I think you can still get the feel of things from the picture.
Close up of the left hand side, all done except that bottom row.
I spent the afternoon printing more strips, no photos of that, but I did take one of the stamps after I'd finished, just because I like how they look.
Not far to go with this one now.